Pages

Friday, August 9, 2013

[ALBUM REVIEW] SUPERMEGAFUTURESHIT x @thisisjhyve x @talktoSOUL


SUPERMEGAFUTURESHIT (SMFS) - Jhyve x Soul



To say I was impressed by what I heard when I pressed play, would be an understatement. When I received this project in my inbox, it came from an extremely good friend, so I knew it was a "drop everything and listen" type of deal. The title track "SMFS" which stands for Supermegafutureshit, starts off with this upbeat, hype kind of dance around sound, which is cool and everything, but it was everything proceeding that had my jaw dropped until the last song Sad Goodbyes. First off, the harmonies, and range in the second record So High instantly took me on a journey of chill and relaxation, which then set the mood for the rest of the project. When the fourth record came in, Can I, I was absolutely floored at not only the quality of the sound, but the execution of the record from start to finish. Listening to this particular record, I couldn't help but notice that it kinda reminds me of Frank Oceans Novocane with a little bit of Frank Oceans Whip Appeal (through the setting). The record Stay Awhile made me smile from start to finish, stating "This ain't something you can learn from a college", but continues to use educational methods, lingo and innuendos throughout the record to communicate the intention and plot with not only the person on the receiving end of the conversation, but also with the listeners. Another song that really stood out to me was Enter the void. Now this whole project is a joint effort between a producer and an artist (who clearly have amazing chemistry). Enter the void stood out to me because of the banging production on the record, with the vocals and lyrics to live up to the craziness in the song, proving that both entities worked hard for that sound, and created this amazing product.
-Keys

I give the album a 4.8/5 easily





No comments:

Post a Comment